Monday, March 9, 2009

Yummy Day 1

Day 1! I sort of started yesterday, Sunday, and that didn't work so well as there was still some food left to eat in the fridge and although I got a bunch of shopping done, I hadn't prepped anything. So last night I roasted up a couple of beets in preparation for tonight's Kale, Beet & Corn Salad. And then I whipped up some guacamole and hummus.

Today's Menu:

Breakfast: Multi-grain cereal w/ berries & Pear White Tea (so much better than flavored green teas!!)
Snack: almonds
Lunch: multi-grain(rice) cakes with tahini & cucumber and potato leek soup
Snack: Bengal Spice Tea (herbal and sooo warm and comforting!!) and almonds
Dinner: Fish Almandine and Kale, Beet & Corn Salad - from the cookbook

I decided to make my own multi-grain cereal. Yesterday I had purchased a bunch of bulk grains, following the order of recommendation in the cookbook. Buckwheat, millet, oats, barley, and flax. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but the cereal definitely needs to be pre-cooked. LOL! It does not do well in the microwave. Tonight I'll throw a whole pot on which will make the mornings a little easier. ; )

The cakes w/tahini & cucumber was really good! Definitely have that for lunch again. The soup was a packaged one that I found that met all the requirements.

Dinner! mmmmmmm Going to make this ongoing I think. I used a Basa fillet for the Fish Alamandine and it was sooooo good. Had the pan good and hot so the fillet was seared well. I wasn't sure about the kale... it has such a stiff texture before going in the pot to steam. Boy oh boy, with the roasted beets and the simple lemon & oil dressing, this was a wonderful salad! Left-overs for lunch. ; )

Adding to the idea of prepping, I cooked up a BIG pot of brown rice tonight too. That will be helpful for all meals. Maybe while I'm on a roll I'll get a curry started for tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment